- Habitually ignore your bank accounts
- Get a student loan and go to college
- Regularly spend more than you earn
- Finance your car
- Borrow more than 90% of your house’s value
- Get a personal loan to take a vacation
- Buy lotto tickets religiously
Personally, I’ve found numbers 1, 2 and 4 to be particularly effective, but I’m sure you could find your own combination that would work really well.
Sarcasm aside, these are all choices I’ve seen people crap on their finances with. A few of them really used to slow me down, but I’m getting faster now by making better choices. Sometimes it involves knowing what’s what, but usually it’s about just acting like a grown-up.
Which ones have you tried so far? How did it go?